My favorite artisan chocolate shop Grocer’s Daughter, came up with this delicious recipe paring fresh fall apples, chocolate and spices into a delightful pizza that can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or a glass of wine. It sounds different, but give it a try. I’m sure you’ll agree that this easy to make pizza will become one of your favorites as well.
One ready made pizza crust or your favorite homemade one
3 apples (or pears), cored and sliced thinly
1 lemon, juiced reserving the skin for lemon zest
zest of 1 orange
3-5 Tbsp. of finely chopped basil or pesto
1 Tbsp. finely chopped rosemary
1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
– Roll pizza crust onto a cookie sheet
– Arrange apple slices so that the crust is covered
– Mix the zest of lemon and orange with the juice of one lemon and brush the mixture evenly over the apples.
– Sprinkle the herbs and cheese over the apples
– Lightly dust the pizza with cinnamon and black pepper
– Finish with a light drizzle of olive oil.
– Bake the pizza in a 450 degree F oven for 18-20 minutes.
– Remove from the oven and sprinkle the dark chocolate over the pizza.
– Cool for 15 minutes (if you can wait that long), slice, then serve.