We have been out at anchor and getting a little low on baking supplies, but found this recipe for delicious brownies that we had just enough ingredients to make. This recipe, adapted from The Beach House Cookbook, by Barbara Scott-Goodmam, has just the right amount of chocolate to make for a rich and satisfying brownie that can be wrapped up and eaten on the run as well as served at a picnic in the middle of the woods. We think you’ll agree, this is one delicious brownie!!
– 1/2 c butter
– 5 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
– 3 large eggs
– 1.25 c of sugar
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla
– 3/4 c wheat flour
– 1/2 c chopped nuts
– Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan or in microwave and let cool for 10 minutes.
– Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed of electric mixer till blended.
– Gradually add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, beating on low till blended.
– Slowly add vanilla and flour, beating till blended then hand stir in nuts.
– Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8” square pan and bake at 325 for 35 minutes.
– Let sit for 5-10 minutes on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
They are delicious when still warm out of the oven! Perfect with a little ice-cream on the side!! We hope you enjoy this delicious chocolate treat!!!