Kids in the kitchen! We hope you like this extremely easy, versatile and delicious dish the kids cooked up the other day for lunch. Chickpeas have been a mainstay on this boat and Indian spices are our favorite. Loaded with fiber and protein, this recipe provides a hearty meal for either lunch or dinner. The kids had fun in the kitchen making this dish so we hope you try it!
1 can of organic chickpea’s drained
1 onion sliced into thin pieces
2-3 Tblsp. of Olive or grape-seed oil
sprinkle of cumin and turmeric
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry seasoning
1/4 cup of sun-dried tomato spread (in oil) or tomato paste
water as needed to thin out the mixture
1/4 cup of kale or spinach, finely chopped
– Saute the onions and salt in the oil till nicely browned and soft.
– Add a few sprinkles of cumin and turmeric to the onion mixture and mix till fragrant and the spices are covering the onions.
– Add the chickpeas to the pan and saute on medium to low heat, covering the pan for a few moments to let the chickpeas absorb some of the spices.
– Add the sun-dried tomato spread or tomato paste to the pan and mix well. Add in the curry seasoning a little water (if needed) and cover for a few more moments to allow all of the flavors to mellow together.
– Stir together, adjust for spices and add chopped kale or spinach to the pan.
Enjoy this delicious meal, that only takes minutes to make, with rice, quinoa, a salad or inside a wrap. Yummy, thanks kiddo’s!!!