How many of you out there love hummus? I do! Well here I have something new for you to try out. It’s easy to make, delicious, nutritious and will wake up your taste buds with a little bit of zip at the end of each bite. I found this recipe on the “Clean” website www.cleanprogram.com and made just a few changes in the spices to make it have that extra zing that I like. So get out your ingredients and blender and follow along!
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup lentils
1/2 cup tahini
juice of one lemon
3 cloves of garlic
cumin, paprika, sea salt, red peppers and/or cayenne pepper
– Rinse, drain and sort lentils in cold water.
– Combine the lentils and vegetable stock till boiling then reduce heat and let simmer till most of the water is absorbed and the lentils are soft.
– Meanwhile in a food processor, mix tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings till a smooth paste.
– When lentils are cooked and cooled add them to the food processor and mix them together with the spice paste until it comes together in a smooth, creamy consistency. You many need to add a little bit of water or extra lemon juice for this to happen.
– Adjust for seasonings then scoop mixture out into a dish and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh herbs.
Enjoy with fresh vegetables, pita bread or crackers!!!