Our little pastry chef has been at it again. Daria whipped up this yummy cake for our Easter Sunday celebration as we were motoring up the ICW towards Charleston, S.C. A delicious vanilla cake with vanilla icing and loaded with Easter candy. What could be better than that with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea. We enjoyed our slice of cake up on the fly-bridge as we meandered through the waters of South Carolina. Thanks Daria!!
Ingredients: (adapted from a recipe in our favorite Magnolia Bakery Cookbook)
For the Cake:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2&3/4 cups of all purpose flour
2&1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup of milk
1 tsp. vanilla
For the icing:
2 sticks of butter
8 cups of confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
To make the Cake: (This cake makes enough for three 9” pans or you can make 24-32 cupcakes. Grease and flour the pans to make sure it does not stick. Oven temperature at 350F.
– cream the butter till smooth on medium speed of the mixer.
– add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
– add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
– combine the flour with the salt and baking powder.
– add flour mixture to butter mixture in four parts alternating with the milk and vanilla extract combo.
– Pour batter in the pans and bake for about 20-25 minutes
To make the icing:
– put butter into mixer and add 4 cups of the sugar, then milk, then vanilla extract.
– beat until smooth and creamy.
– gradually add remaining sugar one cup at a time until you get to a spreading consistency. You may not need all of the sugar.
Enjoy the recipe! It is one of our all time favorites for any celebration!! Thanks Daria!!!
It Looks cute and DELICIOUS!!!!!!
Now if the papster got up at 4 AMto eat this, I’d believe it! Will whip this up and share with Oma and Pappy real soon!